Zap Energy is building a low-cost, compact and scalable fusion energy platform that conﬁnes and compresses plasma without the need for magnetic coils. Zap’s sheared-flow-stabilized Z-pinch technology offers the shortest potential path to commercially viable fusion and requires orders of magnitude less capital than traditional approaches. Zap Energy has two main facilities near Seattle and is backed by leading ﬁnancial and strategic investors.
• Zap Energy, Inc. and our affiliates (“Zap Energy,” “we,” “us,” “our”).
• Zap Energy’s online properties including our Zapenergyinc.com and www.zap.energy websites and social media pages or handles (the “Websites”).
This Policy applies when you interact with us through our Websites and anywhere it is linked. It does not apply to third-party websites, mobile applications, or services that may link to the Websites or be linked to from the Websites. Please review the privacy policies on those websites and applications directly to understand their privacy practices.
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we do, we will notify you by posting the updated version.
We collect information from you directly, from the devices you use to interact with us, and from third parties. We may combine information from the Websites together and with other information we obtain from our business records. We may use and share information that we aggregate (compile to create statistics that cannot identify a particular individual) or de-identify (strip information of all unique identifiers such that it cannot be linked to a particular individual) at our discretion.
You may provide the following information to us directly:
• Contact and professional information, including name, email address, telephone number, and job title, as well as company name and size.
• Information contained in your communications to us, such as information that you make available to us via social media platforms, such as by interacting with us in our online forums, chatrooms, or by commenting on content we post. Please note that these comments are also visible to other users of our Websites.
• Information you submit to inquire about or apply for a job with us.
• Any other information you submit to us.
We and partners working on our behalf may use log files, cookies, or other digital tracking technologies to collect the following information from the device you use to interact with our Websites.
• Device information, including IP address, device identifiers, and details about your web browser.
• Analytical information, including details about your interaction with our website and electronic newsletters.
• Diagnostic information, including web traffic logs.
• Advertising information, including special advertising and other unique identifiers that enable us or third parties working on our behalf to target advertisements to you. Please be aware that our advertising partners may collect information about you when you visit third-party websites or use third-party apps. They may use that information to better target advertisements to you on our behalf.
The following is a list of our partners who collect the information described above. Please follow the links to find out more information about the partner’s privacy practices.
We may collect the following information about you from third-party sources.
• Contact information and information about your interests and purchases, from consumer data providers.
• Information about your interests, activities, and employment history from social networks and other places where you choose to share information publicly.
• Information about your interaction with advertisements on our Websites, or ads that we place on third party websites, from online advertising companies.
We may use any of the information we collect for the following purposes.
• Website functionality and improvement: To provide you with access to our Websites, to conduct general business operations (such as accounting, recordkeeping, and audits), and to improve and grow our Websites, including to understand how our Websites are being used, our potential customer base, and the effectiveness of our marketing.
• Advertising and marketing: To send you marketing communications, personalize the advertisements you see on our Websites and third-party online properties, and measure the effectiveness of our advertising. We may share your information with business partners, online advertising partners, and social media platforms for this purpose.
• Security: To protect and secure our Websites, assets, network, and business operations, and to detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal.
• Legal compliance: To comply with legal process, such as warrants, subpoenas, court orders, and lawful regulatory or law enforcement requests and to comply with applicable legal requirements.
We may share any of the information we collect with the following recipients.
• Affiliates: We share information with other members of our group of companies.
• Service providers: We engage vendors to perform specific business functions on our behalf, and they may receive information about you from us or collect it directly. These vendors may include:
• Business or research partners: From time to time, we may share your contact information with other organizations purposes.
• Government entities/Law enforcement: We may share information when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so to respond to lawful subpoenas, warrants, court orders, or other regulatory or law enforcement requests, or where necessary to protect our property or rights or the safety of our employees, our customers, or other individuals.
• Other businesses in the context of a commercial transaction: We may change our ownership or corporate organization while providing the Websites. We may transfer to another entity or its affiliates or service providers some or all information about you in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, sale of assets or any line of business, change in ownership control, or financing transaction. We cannot promise that an acquiring party or the merged entity will have the same privacy practices or treat your information as described in this policy.
We use a combination of physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect through the Websites. While we use these precautions to safeguard your information, we cannot guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
Email Unsubscribe: If you do not wish to receive marketing information from us or wish to opt out of future email promotions from us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that all promotional email messages you receive from us will include an option to opt out of future email communications.
Ad Choices: You have options to limit the information that we and our partners collect for online advertising purposes.
• The following industry organizations offer opt-out choices for companies that participate in them: the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance, and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Initiative.
• You may contact us directly.
If you exercise these options, please be aware that you may still see advertising, but it will not be personalized. Nor will exercising these options prevent other companies from displaying personalized ads to you. If you delete your cookies, you may also delete your opt-out preferences.
Jurisdiction-specific rights: You may have certain rights with respect to your personal information depending on your location or residency. Please see “privacy disclosures for specific jurisdictions” below. Please contact us to exercise your rights.
When you apply for a job with us, we may collect information from you, including:
• Information you provide in connection with your application.
• Information that you make available in your social media accounts.
• Information about you that is available publicly.
• Information that you authorize us to collect via third parties, including former employers or references.
In certain circumstances, you may submit your application for employment through a third-party service that displays our job posting. We do not control the privacy practices of these third-party services. Please review their privacy policies carefully prior to submitting your application materials.
• Data retention: We may store information about you for as long as we have a legitimate business need for it.
• Cross-border data transfer: We may collect, process, and store your information in the United States and other countries. The laws in the United States regarding information may be different from the laws of your country. Any such transfers will comply with safeguards as required by relevant law.
• Information about children: We do not knowingly collect information from children. If we discover that we have inadvertently collected information from anyone younger than the age of 13, we will delete that information. Please contact us with any concerns.
• Sharing of Medical or Health Information: To the extent that we receive protected health information about you, that information is subject to electronic disclosure to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Your California Privacy Rights; “Shine the Light” Law
California residents are entitled once a year, free of charge, to request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. We do not share your personal information with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
Residents of the State of Nevada have the right to opt out of the sale of certain pieces of their information to third parties. Currently, we do not engage in such sales. If you are a Nevada resident and would like more information about our data sharing practices, please contact us.
Telephone: (425) 321-1446
Mail: 5901 23rd Dr. W, Suite 100, Everett, WA 98203
Last updated November 1, 2022 - Please click here for a printable pdf version of this notice.